Hi Joel,

I thought about using a PostFilter, but the problem is that the 'scale'
function must be done after all matching docs have been scored but before
adding them to the PriorityQueue that sorts just the rows to be returned.
Doing the 'scale' function wrapped in a 'query' is proving to be too slow
when it visits every document in the index.

In the Collector, I can see how to get the field values like this:
indexSearcher.getSchema().getField("field(myfield").getType().getValueSource(SchemaField,
QParser).getValues()

But, 'getValueSource' needs a QParser, which isn't available.
And I can't create a QParser without a SolrQueryRequest, which isn't
available.

Thanks,
Peter