You have read that Solr needs to reindex a full source. That's correct
(unless you use atomic updates). But - the important point is - this
is per document. So, once you indexed your 10000 documents, you don't
need to worry about them until they change.

Just go ahead and index your additional documents only. I am assuming
your source system can figure out what the new ones are (timestamp,
etc).

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)