Hi,

I am a bit confused about how solr cloud disaster recovery is supposed
to work exactly in the case of loosing a single node completely.

Say I have a solr cloud cluster with 3 nodes. My collection is created
with numShards=3&replicationFactor=3&maxShardsPerNode=3, so there is
no data loss when I loose a node.

However, how do configure a new node to take the place of the dead
node? I bring up a new node (same hostname, ip, as the dead node)
which is completely empty (empty data dir, empty solr.xml), install
solr, and connect it to zookeeper.

Is it supposed to work automatically from there? In my tests, the
server has no cores and the solr-cloud graph overview simply shows all
the shards/replicas on this node as down. Do I need to recreate the
cores first? Note that these cores were initially created indirectly
by creating the collection.

Thanks,
Jan