Hi

I have very large index for a few collections and when they are being
queried, i see the Old gen space close to 100% Usage all the time. The
system becomes extremely slow due to GC activity right after that and it
gets into this cycle very often

I have given solr close to 30G of heap in a 65 GB ram machine and rest is
given to RAm. I have a lot of hits in filter,query result and document
caches and the size of all the caches is around 512 entries per
collection.Are all the caches used by solr on or off heap ?

Given this scenario where GC is the primary bottleneck what is a good
recommended memory settings for solr? Should i increase the heap memory
(that will only postpone the problem before the heap becomes full again
after a while) ? Will memory maps help at all in this scenario?

Kindly advise on the best practices
Thanks
Nitin