Hello,

for some reason I have problems to get my local solr system to run (MacBook,
tomcat 6.0.35).

The setting is
solr directories (I use different solr versions at the same time):
/srv/solr/solr4.6.1 is the solr home, in solr home is a file solr.xml of the
new "discovery type" (no cores), and inside the core directories are empty
files core.properties and symbolic links to the universal conf directory.

solr webapps (I use very different webapps simultaneously):
/srv/www/webapps/solr/solr4.6.1 is the solr webapp

I tried to convey this information to the tomcat server by putting a file
solr4.6.1.xml into the cataiina/localhost folder with the contents
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Context docBase="/srv/www/webapps/solr/solr4.6.1" debug="0"
crossContext="true">
        <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/srv/solr/solr4.6.1" override="true"/>
</Context>

The Tomcat Manager shows solr4.6.1 as started, but following the given link
gives an error with the message:
"SolrCore 'collection1' is not available due to init failure: Could not load
config file /srv/solr4.6.1/collection1/solrconfig.xml"
which is plausible, since
1. there is no folder /srv/solr4.6.1/collection1 and
2.for the actual cores solrconfig.xml is inside of
/srv/solr4.6.1/cores/geo/conf/

But why does Tomcat try to find a solrconfig.xml there?
The problem persists if I start tomcat with
-Dsolr.solr.home=/srv/solr/solr4.6.1, it seems that the system just ignores the
solr home setting.

Can somebody give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards
Thomas

P.S.: Is there a way to stop Tomcat from throwing these errors into my face
threefold: once as heading (<h1>!), once as message and once as description?