Here are the field definitions for both our old and new index... as you can see
that are identical. We've been using this chain and field type starting with
Solr 1.4 and never had any problem. As for the documents, both indexes are
using the same data source. They could be slightly out of sync from time to
time but we tend to index them on a daily basis. Both indexes are also using
the same code (indexing through SolrJ) to index their content.

The source is a column in MySql that contains entries such as "4,1" that get
stored in a Multivalued fields after replacing commas by spaces

OLD (4.6.1):
   <fieldType name="text_ws" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

    <field name="ad_job_type_id" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false" multiValued="true" />

NEW (4.7.1):

<fieldType name="text_ws" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
 </fieldType>

<field name="ad_job_type_id" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="false" multiValued="true" />

It looks like the /analysis/field hanlder is not active in our current setup. I
will look into this and perform additional checks later as we are currently
doing a full reindex of our DB.

Thanks for your time