On 4/10/2014 9:14 AM, Jean-Sebastien Vachon wrote:
> Here are the field definitions for both our old and new index... as you can
> see that are identical. We've been using this chain and field type starting
> with Solr 1.4 and never had any problem. As for the documents, both indexes
> are using the same data source. They could be slightly out of sync from time
> to time but we tend to index them on a daily basis. Both indexes are also
> using the same code (indexing through SolrJ) to index their content.
>
> The source is a column in MySql that contains entries such as "4,1" that get
> stored in a Multivalued fields after replacing commas by spaces
>
> OLD (4.6.1):
>    <fieldType name="text_ws" class="solr.TextField"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>       <analyzer>
>         <tokenizer class="solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory"/>
>       </analyzer>
>     </fieldType>
>
>     <field name="ad_job_type_id" type="text_ws" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="false" multiValued="true" />

Just so you know, there's nothing here that would require the field to
be multivalued.  WhitespaceTokenizerFactory does not create multiple
field values, it creates multiple terms.  If you are actually inserting
multiple values for the field in SolrJ, then you would need a
multivalued field.

What is replacing the commas with spaces?  I don't see anything here
that would do that.  It sounds like that part of your indexing is not
working.

Thanks,
Shawn