Hi all,

In SolrCloud all nodes are equal in the sense that they can perform indexing
as well as searching.

Let's say a leader node is busy performing heavy-indexing, I wouldn't like
to also send search requests to that node. As far as I can tell from
CloudSolrServer source code, all it does when dealing with search requests
is to shuffle the live nodes (info retrieved from Zookeeper) and choose one
of them. Does it perform anything smarter than that, like excluding leader
because of heavy indexing?

Basically, what I'm worried about is a scenario where heavy indexing on
leader node might affect search response times. Has anyone witnessed such a
case?

Thanks