You can do this if you set it up like in the mail Solr example:

<lst name="spellchecker">
        <str name="name">wordbreak</str>
        <str name="classname">solr.WordBreakSolrSpellChecker</str>
        <str name="field">name</str>
        <str name="combineWords">true</str>
        <str name="breakWords">true</str>
        <int name="maxChanges">10</int>
</lst>

The "combineWords" and "breakWords" flags let you tell it which kind of
workbreak correction you want.  "maxChanges" controls the maximum number of
words it can break 1 word into, or the maximum number of words it can combine.
It is reasonable to set this to 1 or 2.

The best way to use this is in conjunction with a "regular" spellchecker like
DirectSolrSpellChecker.  When used together with the collation functionality,
it should take a query like "mob ile" and depending on what actually returns
results from your data, suggest either "mobile" or perhaps "mob lie" or both.
The one thing is cannot do is fix a transposition or misspelling and combine or
break words in one shot.  That is, it cannot detect that "mob lie" should
become "mobile".

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311