James,

Thanks for clearly stating this , I was not able to find this documented
anywhere, yes I am using it with another spell checker (Direct) with the
collation on. I will try the maxChangtes and let you know.

On a side note , whenever I change the spellchecker parameter , I need to
rebuild the index  and delete the solr data directory before that  as my
Tomcat instance would not even start, can you let me know why ?

Thanks.