"the new way" of doing things is core discovery, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Core%20Discovery%20(4.4%20and%20beyond). You
might just sidestep the problem.

What does "disappeared" mean? Not showing up in the admin UI? Files on disk
erased? The former may well be the persist bit, the latter would be really
weird.

But please provide more information. Solrconfig.xml, solr.xml, schema.xml.
You might review:

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Michael Della Bitta <
michael.della.bi...@appinions.com> wrote:

> Did you put that attribute on the root element, or somewhere else? The
> beginning of solr.xml should look like this:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <solr sharedLib="lib" persistent="true">
>
> Michael Della Bitta
>
> Applications Developer
>
> o: +1 646 532 3062
>
> appinions inc.
>
> “The Science of Influence Marketing”
>
> 18 East 41st Street
>
> New York, NY 10017
>
> t: @appinions <https://twitter.com/Appinions> | g+:
> plus.google.com/appinions
> <
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/112002776285509593336/112002776285509593336/posts
> >
> w: appinions.com <http://www.appinions.com/>
>

> On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM, EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI,
> Automotive-Service-Solutions) <external.ravi.tamin...@us.bosch.com> wrote:
>
> > I update persistent=true in the solr.xml but still no change , after a
> > restart the Cores are removed..

  • Tomcat restart ... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
    • Re: Tomcat... Michael Della Bitta
      • RE: To... EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI, Automotive-Service-Solutions)
        • Re... Michael Della Bitta
          • ... Erick Erickson