The performance you should usually test yourself. Especially, since
you probably want some sort of cashing.

But post-filters were specifically designed to be used for expensive
operations (and you can order them too to apply in sequence). They
should also work distributed, though each shard will need the
information separately, so probably a n* requests to the database for
updates.

I think ManifoldCF also has some security filters and there are might
be commercial implementations too.

No idea about LucidWorks, did you check their documentations? They are
usually pretty good with that.

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency