Hi Launchpad Group,

I would like some advice in reaching my ultimate goal of composite video
output.  I have noticed that "VGA Analog" is listed in the specs for the
Vaio Z.  Additionally, I am seeing passive VGA to RCA cables sold on eBay,
with people reporting mixed results.  I, too, was under the impression that
some type of active circuitry was required in order to get a composite
signal from VGA.  However, given the existence of said cables and the fact
that "VGA Analog" is specifically listed as an I/O port in the specs of the
laptop, is it possible that the Vaio Z has the hardware to take advantage of
such a passive cable?  Additionally, is there anything I should know
specifically with respect to using this feature under Linux, especially
given the precarious state of graphics issues with the Vaio Z?

Thank you, and I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Jeff