Hi

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 13:46 +0100, Raphael Gradenwitz wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>

> Am Samstag, den 31.10.2009, 13:05 +0100 schrieb Andreas Ohrvall:
> > I am not sure if I miss something, but I have been through the archive
> > without finding a solution.
>
> What exactly do you want to solve?

Get the switch between Intel and nvidia to work properly. I had it
working fine in windows 7 64bit, however, after trying to get dual boot
with newest ubuntu to work properly things have become quite strange.

- When booting with the switch set to Stamina, everything works fine,
both windows and ubuntu But, in Windows it does not work anymore to
switch to speed.
- When first running linux in stamina, switching to speed and rebooting,
the only thing I get is a rainbow changing colors slowly. This is before
the InsydeFlash-Vaio Bios screen is shown (Or maybe I should say
instead). So, for now I dont think it has anything to do with the
xorg-config.  I assume it has something to do with the ACPI and the
kernel commandline.

> > New Ubuntu 9.10 does not ship with any xorg.conf.
>
> That is right. The new X server doesn't need an xorg.conf file anymore
> rather gathering the devices with dbus. It may be (still) installed
> after an upgrade from Jaunty. You can build your own though if you need
> or want to add something like those accelerations from my tutorial
>
> >  It would be great if
> > you could post your complete xorg.conf, instead of just the changes in
> > the blog.
>
> But I DID post my complete xorg.conf. [1]
>
> The file is located in
>
> /etc/X11/
>
> the complete path is
>
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> The lines after (quote)
>      "Here my xorg.conf for the intel graphics-chipset:"
>
> There is nothing more than that, believe me!
>
> [1]:
> http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=3#intel_xorg.conf
>

> For the nvidia driver an xorg.conf file is needed (AFAIK) an will be
> installed by the package 'nvidia-glx-xxx' (where 'xxx' is the installed
> nvidia driver-version, eg. 185). That package comes with the binary
> "/usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig" and will automaticaly install an xorg.conf for
> your purpose when installing it with the jockey script.
> But since nvidia uses an xorg.conf, it is important to at least remove
> that nvidia xorg.conf while booting with intel graphics. The further
> scripts in my tutorial will do that for you.

Ok. Thanks for explaining. To me the xorg.conf on your blog seemed way
too short, but it works just fine.

Regards,

Andreas