> Where did you download that BIOS? I can only find R2169M3b for your
> Modell (VGN-Z21MRN):
> http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_EN&m=VGN-Z21MRN_B

You can find this BIOS (R2170M3) at "Windows 7" section of downloads
for VGN-Z21MRN
Here the link
http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/updates/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z21MRN_B&os=10
This BIOS is "required" for some reasons if you want to install
Windows 7 on your VAIO-Z.

> which is in fact the same as R2168M3 with as only change, that you now
> can switch virtualization on/off in the BIOS.
> Did you enter a wrong model in the website?

Thanks. Actually I use R2168M3 with "advanced" options enabled. But
yesterday I try to setup dual-boot Windows 7/Linux, update BIOS to
R2170M3 - and get all this crap with screen in Speed mode.

I can tell you more - with R2170M3 bios you can't use Windows XP in
Speed mode, cause you get the same symptoms "colored vertical lines".