Hello Patrick, Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 17:04 +0100 schrieb Patrick Valdellon: > I flashed my VAIO Z55TG with this bios using a dos-usbkey. (I can > write a simple howto, if required) > http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showpost.php?p=103834&postcount=592 > I dicovered a setting named "VGA Switching Policy"
That is well known on this list. Nothing new so far or did I miss something? Does that BIOS work 100% with Windows 7? I unlocked my BIOS (R2168M3) with an efi boot stick but I prefer to switch the graphic chip with the kernel commandline passed by grub, using "VGA Switching Policy = [auto]" > and set it to "Static". Since then I can switch the graphic cards with > a shutdown without using windows. The knowledge how to switch without Windows is present on this mailing list since "felt milleniums" ;-) Maybe reading this Mailing list a little bit more helps you to get such solutions faster in future ;-) > Only Problem so far is rebooting...it always hangs when linux tries a > reboot. You seem to use a too old BIOS. Read the archive of this list there are solutions to solve that. Regards, Raphael http://global-social.net/VGN-Z _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

