Hi Raphael,
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Raphael Gradenwitz < [email protected]> wrote: > Hello Patrick, > > Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 17:04 +0100 schrieb Patrick Valdellon: > > I flashed my VAIO Z55TG with this bios using a dos-usbkey. (I can > > write a simple howto, if required) > > http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showpost.php?p=103834&postcount=592 > > I dicovered a setting named "VGA Switching Policy" > > That is well known on this list. Nothing new so far or did I miss > something? Does that BIOS work 100% with Windows 7? > what exactly are you expecting not to work? nvidia drivers? I'll try installing win7 on this efi tonight. > > I unlocked my BIOS (R2168M3) with an efi boot stick but I prefer to > switch the graphic chip with the kernel commandline passed by grub, > using "VGA Switching Policy = [auto]" > > > and set it to "Static". Since then I can switch the graphic cards with > > a shutdown without using windows. > > The knowledge how to switch without Windows is present on this mailing > list since "felt milleniums" ;-) > > Maybe reading this Mailing list a little bit more helps you to get such > solutions faster in future ;-) > I snooped around a bit in the archives and read stuff on this and other sites, before i wrote my first email. I got the feeling xp was still needed to do the switching, that's why i reported my findings > > > Only Problem so far is rebooting...it always hangs when linux tries a > > reboot. > > You seem to use a too old BIOS. > I'm using R4040M3 now, because the newer ones lack the advanced options. (Mine came with R5000) > > Read the archive of this list there are solutions to solve that. > > Regards, > > Raphael > > http://global-social.net/VGN-Z > > > br, Patrick
_______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

