Hi Mario, У уто, 06. 07 2010. у 17:41 +0200, Mario пише: > I can confirm (looking at the power usage using powertop) that the > module in not correctly activated on the first boot. The stamina mode > is only activated after a suspend-resume cycle. This behaviour > appeared in Lucid (not present in Jaunty). > > A question for the Ubuntu Lucid users using only the stamina mode: is > your stamina led on after the first boot of the system?
It is for me. It might depend on your sony-laptop module configuration. I believe default is auto-detect (read from the hardware switch position), but that never worked too well for me, so I set it directly to 'stamina': $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/sony-laptop.conf options sony-laptop speed_stamina=0 It does work for me, but I usually rfkill wwan and bluetooth (at least for bluetooth you can do this with the standard icon on the panel). For killing wwan I usually do: # cd /sys/class/rfkill && for i in *; do echo "`cat $i/name` ($i): `cat $i/state`"; done phy0 (rfkill1): 1 sony-wifi (rfkill2): 1 sony-bluetooth (rfkill3): 0 sony-wwan (rfkill4): 1 And then "echo 0 >rfkill4/state" if that's what sony-wwan is under. I don't know about the lspci output, but it does show 'ff' for me as well (I usually only suspend the laptop, so that's what might be causing it). Danilo _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

