Hi list, I have a VGN-Z21WN/B with a broken display. For the last couple of weeks I have managed by using a secondary display connected to the D-SUB port. Now I've done something stupid though, I tried to patch[1] the kernel to get access to the full 4GB or RAM installed.
The end result is that the machine doesn't boot any more, and I can't diagnose and fix the problem because I have no output on the secondary monitor while the primary one is broken. So does anyone know a way to boot the computer in a way that I can use the external monitor? Like a keycombo to tell BIOS to use secondary VGA or a linux(or windows) boot disc that gets me to a state where I can use the external display? I've tried google with most keywords used so far and have not been able to find anything. [1] http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/32-bit-ram-barrier.html?lang=EN BR, John Nilsson _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

