Hi, couldn't get it to run adding acpi_osi :-(
Tried: a) - set to speed - start with 2.6.28.10 to activate nvidia - start 2.6.37.6 afterwards with acpi_osi=... - restart 2.6.37.6 with acpi_osi=... This did not get x up. b) - set to speed - start with latest ubuntu 10.10 kernel with acpi_osi=... - restart with latest ubuntu 10.10 kernel with acpi_osi=... This did not get x up. I fear I'd have to go through full http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=3&postId=4 to try with acpi_osi/janitor. Seems a great risk to me since I just got the machine running fine with Adam's reboot-kernel. Can anybody confirm that acpi_osi/janitor will work for ubuntu 10.10 on latest 2010 z series hardware? Thanks anyway / in advance! Andi > Use the "acpi_osi=" kernel cmdline switch and you can use whatever > kernel you want and it will still stay in static switching mode. If I'm > not mistaken, standby with nvidia worked with that method, too. _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

