Hi all,

I recently got a lovely machine -- the Vaio VPCZ1390x (a customized Z series 
machine). It turned out to be an ubuntu disaster:
 
The installer can't even run properly - once it tries to start X the screen 
blanks and that's it; hard (power-button) reboot only; no magic SysRq. Same 
thing happens with Adam's kernel, except the speed/stamina LED comes on with a 
mode matching the switch setting.

The only X windows driver I managed to get to work is the vesa "failsafe" at 
1280x1024; the native resolution is 1900x1080. Both the Intel and the Nvidia 
drivers fail to start, reporting no available screens. I got the LCD EDID 
downloaded from windows and tried to inject it via the xorg.conf -- no banana. 
An external screen doesn't work either.

Audio isn't working. Both the nVidia and the Intel chips report an audio 
driver. Windows claims to use a RealTek which Linux doesn't seem to find.

Any ideas on how to make this machine's audio and video work?

Thanks,
--Shai



_______________________________________________
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~sony-vaio-z-series
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to