DEFENDING THE TRUTH ABOUT JASENOVAC CONCENTRATION CAMP IN THE INDEPENDENT STATE
OF CROATIA
----- Original Message -----
From: cffkale
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 3:47 PM
Subject: LETTER 6

DEFENDING THE TRUTH ABOUT JASENOVAC CONCENTRATION CAMP IN         THE
INDEPENDENT STATE OF CROATIA

 (Letter No. 6)

This letter is written and addressed to you by three Jewish survivors of the
death camp Jasenovac in the Nazi Independent State of Croatia during the Second
World War who are still alive in Serbia:

Cadik Danon,
an architect, who escaped from the Jasenovac concentration camp in 1942.

Bozo Svarc
a retired colonel of the Yugoslav Army, who escaped from the Jasenovac
concentration camp in the same year

 and

Josif Erlih

a retired major of the Yugoslav Army, who was held in Jasenovac to the very
bitter end and participated in the break out on 22 of April 1945 when the Croat
fascist guards started slaughtering all remaining prisoners.

 DEEDS COUNT -  NOT WORDS

All three of us are octogenarians. Life has taught us that what counts are
actions, not words. This applies to Barry Lituchy, who is no more lecturer of
Kingsborough College in New York, and his right hand man in Belgrade,
Aleksandar Mosic, who together with him launched a court suit blocking the
distribution of a rare book describing the horrors of the Jasenovac death
camps.

Lituchy seduced many Serbs by his vocal presentation of JRI's cause until he
showed his real face by initiating a court action against the Proceedings Book
of the First International Conference on Jasenovac. And Mosic, who had earlier
in life gained respect by his gentle speaking and good manners, has ended up as
a ruthless man not even ashamed by the harsh criticism of 25 Belgrade veterans
of the Jewish Community.

But no one can deceive everyone all the time!  When at the beginning of the
year, we were collecting the signatures for our appeal to Mosic to abandon his
law suit against the publisher and editor of the Proceedings Book, an old and
very respected professor of biology at the Belgrade University said about Mosic
 : « Obicna vrdalama « (  a trickster  ). That expression in Swerbian and a
simmilar one derived from German, describe a person who mispresents himself -
which surely applies to Mosic. For instance, in the text of the court suit,
Mosic is presented as a holocaust historian with published works. The truth is
that as far as we know, he is a chemical engineer and has NEVER written any
historical research work.

In the memorandum of the Jasenovac Research Institute, where Mosic is a board
member and editor in chief of the JRI Bulletin , next to his name we find:
«Jewish Museum in Belgrade « . We have been informed that Mosic has not been
the president of the Jewish Museum since the late eighties and there is no
record of any authorization for him to act as its representative in an American
affiliation.

The expression «vrdalama» also implies a person inclined to deceit. In 1952 our
Jewish Federation published a famous book about the crimes against the Jews in
Yugoslavia  during WWV2. This book has been out of print for a number of years.

The JRI, where Mosic is paid as an editor, has reprinted the book. And the
cover shows as the publisher, the Jasenovac Research Institute with offices in
Belgrade (non existent) and New York !

As reported in the Federation Bulletin for March 2006 by A. Lebl , « no one
advised the Jewish Federation about their intent to reprint this book,even less
so to ask its permission «  That is why Lebl calls this reprint «the pirated
edition».

The preface to this pirated edition was written by Darko Vasovic, Aleksandar
Mosic and Barry Lituchy. That is their only input to the new edition .
Everything else is simply a reprint of the first edition.

Lituchy's partner  Mosic  uses tricks to achieve his goals.

We have been advised  by the members of the Belgrade based Association of the
survivors of the Jasenovac camps, that at the end of October 2005, Mosic
visited  unannounced the very ill Mara Vejnovic and tricked her into signing a
paper that compromised her earlier permission to the publisher of  the
Proceedings Book - to publish her testimony given at the conference in New
York. Also compromised was her own letter in which she RENOUNCED the right
previously given to Barry Lituchy for the same testimony.  After  realizing
what Mosic had done, the ailing Mara Vejnovic REAFFIRMED her support for the
Proceedings Book by once more signing the documents in favor of the publisher.

 And this is not all!

In his letter to the members of the Executive Committee of  March 26,  Mosic
falsified facts related to Wanda Shindley, author of the Proceedings Book  and
her relationship with Kingsborough College and the court's preliminary
injunction  prohibiting distribution of the Proceedings Book. We are in the
possession of two documents that prove that Mosic's statements that Wanda
Schindley had no authorization to put Kingsborough College as the copyright
holder of the Proceedings Book and that the court ordered the injunction on
demand of Kingsborough College - ARE ENTIRELY WRONG!

The first document is the declaration (affidavit) sent to the New York court by
the Head of the History department of the Kingsborough College, Prof. Dr
Bernard Klein. He was the main organizer (together with Dr. Milan Bulajic) and
he chaired the conference. In his statement Dr Klein claims that he "expected
that the papers submitted to the College and proceedings of the First
Conference would one day be published "and he says "I was quite pleased to
learn that the book would finally be published". He continues:"I spoke with
Dr.Schindley and I was also pleased to have a copyright for the Proceeding Book
under my department at Kingsborough College ".
In the same declaration Dr. Klein also says: "During the years since the 1997
conference, I have spoken with Dr. Bulajic, Dr. Schindley and Petar Makara
about the publication of the Proceedings Book and approved the efforts to
document the proceedings of the conference in a book" As for Mosic's  statement
that the distribution of the books was forbidden by a court injunction based on
the demands of Kingsborough College, the court decision dated Jan 24, 2006
tells something quite different: "The Court grants plaintiffs' motion for a
preliminary injunction based on the claims of individual plaintiffs Aleksandar
Mosic and Antun Miletic. The Court need not and does not reach the question of
whether Memory Film Productions is entitled to a preliminary injunction "" and
so on..

The fact is that the SOLE claim of the copyright infringement rests with two
individuals, Mosic and Miletic and their claims are the reason behind the
temporary injunction. That brings us to the crucial question: How could Mosic
determine that the unauthorized publication of his paper of a few pages that he
read at the First Conference on Jasenovac, is more important than the
testimonies about the horrors of Jasenovac  given by TWELVE SURVIVORS -
testimonies now banished from further distribution because of HIS suit !???

Mosic is not able to answer this important question, so he has moved away from
the copyright issue as the main reason for his being a plaintiff. He now talks
only about the quality of the Proceedings Book! He writes: "I continue to
insist that the quality of the Proceedings Book is the basic, most important
reason  for the suit"

However, Mosic has never given any valid evidence for his claims  He has not
named the historians whose critical opinion he mentions!  No reputable
historian has joined this frivolous case for copyright infringement. The only
two people involved are Mosic, a chemical engineer and a Croatian historian
Antun Miletic. Nobody else !!!
            In his letter dated March 26 to the members of the Executive board
of the Jewish Federation, Mosic attaches to the name of Wanda Schindley a
derogatory comment aimed at Barry Lituchy and made by a very respected
historian and writer Dr. Srdja Trifkovic . In response to one of our letters
sent to many important individuals,

Dr Trifkovic  wrote: " An esteemed "Professor" who harasses octogenarians in
pursuit of his nefarious objectives is at the moral level of a sewer rat
".(this comment was clearly aimed at  Lituchy who is known to lie about his
credentials and who uses the title of "professor").

But in his letter, Mosic writes that there are respectable intellectuals who
have "characterized the moral values of Wanda Schindley as those at the level
of sewer rats "  To deceitfully pin this characterization now on Wanda
Schindley instead of its intended target, Barry Lituchy, is unbelievable even
for someone like Mosic !!!

Mosic now complains that our accusations are damaging his health, so he is
threatening to take us to court.

Up until now, we have tried to keep this very serious case within our Jewish
Federation and to resolve it there. Starting a court case like this would cause
much damage because it will publicly reveal the shameful fact that one Jewish
man from Serbia is behind the injunction  of the Proceedings Book on  the First
Jasenovac Conference. Several hundreds of thousands Serbs were massacred at
Jasenovac.

The consequences of a public court hearing can be avoided by removing A. Mosic
from all the functions in our Federation without any further delay...