Hi all,

I've been playing around a bit with the new widget system for soya, and
so far it works pretty good. The Open Slime menu code went down a lot, I
think about 50% less code! :-)

Also I've implemented the new widget system for use in our HUD, and
doing that was a bit trickier. The new widget system is based on
automatically placement of the items, but that doesn't work so well for
usage in a HUD. In a HUD you want free placement of your labels, like,
say a goalcounter in the topright position.

Anyway, I managed to implement it in our HUD, so I figured I'd share the
way how I made it work. Might be usefull as a gui-HUD.py tutorial?
http://pastebin.com/f51a96c2b

Offcource you can place more then just labels this way, I also managed
to get a resizing progressbar. For more info on that see
https://code.launchpad.net/~openslimeteam/openslime/devel (Browse code
-> HUD.py)

Nycko
http://openslime.nschoenmaker.nl