hi,
I am new to Soya3D. I have just managed to get it working on Windows XP, and I am able to run the tutorials.

But I am having problems when I try to import a model from Blender into Soya3D. I have followed the yet-in guide, textured the model using UV unwrap, the image is of size (512 x 512). I have created a image type texture for the material and have used the same image as for the UV unwrap. I have also used 'File -> External Data -> Make all Paths Relative' in Blender on the file. I have placed the blender file in data/blender, and the image in data/images. The name of the image texture is mytexture.jpg.

The error I get when trying to run either the soya game script that loads the model, or using the blender2soya.py blender script from blender is shown below:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\blender2soya.py", line 209, in bevent exporter.export() File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\blender2soya.py", line 365, in export
   f.material = get_material(material_filename)

File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\blender2soya.py", line 225, in get_material try: return soya.Material.get(filename) File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\__init__.py", line 283, in get return klass._alls.get(filename) or klass._alls.setdefault(filename, klass.load(filename)) File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\__init__.py", line 292, in load dirname = klass._get_directory_for_loading_and_check_export(filename) File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\__init__.py", line 218, in _get_directory_for_loading_and_check_export dirname = klass._get_directory_for_loading(filename, ext) File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\soya\__init__.py", line 195, in _get_directory_for_loading raise ValueError("Cannot find a %s named %s!" % (klass, filename)) ValueError: Cannot find a <class 'soya.Material'> named mytexture!

I have tried everything, including tracing through the __init__.py script, but I'm unable to figure out what is going on.

Can someone please help? I can provide the .blend file if someone needs it.

thanks/merci/shukriya,
arun