Hi all

I'd like to try and implement automatic changelogging of kickstart profiles.  I
want to do this as I'm required by my employer to show how the 'build process'
changes with respect to our RHEL technical workstations and cluster nodes (230+
nodes all up).

I figure that I'd add two new columns to table 'rhnKSData' being:
- 'changeLog' (type blob); and
- 'changeVersion' (type number).

When a new kickstart profile is created a note to that effect is stored in
changeLog with a date/time stamp.  Whenever the kickstart profile is updated, a
description of the change is written to changeLog.

The purpose of this email is to find out if anyone is already working on
something like this or if there are any objections.

Not exactly sure how I'll implement it but I realise that it'll need to work
both from the web GUI and via the API.  Also not sure what impact cobbler will
have on this.

Comments?

Thanks

Colin Coe
Unix Engineer
Office: (08) 9348 3856
Mobile: 0407 089 115
Fax: (08) 9348 4290
Woodside Energy Ltd Perth, Western Australia

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.