Jan Pazdziora wrote:
I thought I'd give Spacewalk Proxy a try. So I followed instructions
in

        https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy

only with repo pointing to

        http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/nightly-candidate/i386/os/

And you done well.

I was surprised to see
Why aren't packages like
in that transaction?

That is long story. If you want just short answer - yes, it is working.

But it is winter time and you may want to read some story during long evenings. So make yourself some hot tee and sit down comfortably. This is story about chicken and egg...

In Satellite you have proxy packages in Proxy channel and since we wanted to created command line installer (CLI) for proxy and only possible way to make proxy channel available from command line is rhn-proxy-activate and since this command is in Proxy channel ... you are busted. So I have to cut this circle somewhere and I decided to move rhn-proxy-activate to separate package (in spacewalk spacewalk-proxy-installer) and it is available in RHN Tools channel. So if you install spacewalk-proxy-installer you will only install packages needed for installer run. When you run configure-proxy.sh it will then activate you as Proxy (which enable you Proxy channel in Satellite) and it will then install spacewalk-proxy-management (which is proxy itself) and it will then install require and install all the packages you mentioned.

And before you start - yes we can make it easier for spacewalk, but it can not be done easier for Satellite.

--
Miroslav Suchy
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat