On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 09:42:13AM -0500, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> Milan Zazrivec wrote:
>> Is there any reason why we don't pull osa-dispatcher & jabberpy with
>> spacewalk.rpm? (both packages are commented out in spacewalk.spec)
>
> osa-dispatcher is only needed if you wanna use osad from the clients.
> Since osad is not a default package, I don't see why osa-dispatcher
> should be installed by default with spacewalk.

One reason is that if the client in fact installs osad and tries to
use Spacewalk, it won't work.

Another reason for having at least jabberd installed in default
spacewalk installation is bugzilla 479971 -- we create jabberd
configuration, and if would be nice to create it only after the
package was in fact installed, otherwise the files are owned by root
and jabberd won't be able to use them.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat