On 3/31/09, Milan Zazrivec <mzazri...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 March 2009 17:43:56 Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Wednesday 25 March 2009 11:00:37 am Devan Goodwin wrote:
> > > dgilmore fixed up our jabber configs to work on 2.2 yesterday, so
> > > updated spacewalk-config and spacewalk-setup packages correct this, but
> > > you probably need to be on a fresh system before it will work. (i.e.
> > > not a system where you tried and failed to setup spacewalk, not sure
> > > why but Dennis can probably clarify)
> >
> > the issue was that there were inconsistent passwords in jabber config
> > files. jabberd randomly generates a password in %post so we cantdefault
> > ours.  we write out our own randomly generated password when we install the
> > package. but you really don't want updates to mess with it.  so it only
> > happens on package install.
>
> What currently happens to jabber configs during spacewalk 0.4 -> 0.5 upgrade
> is that the new c2s.xml, s2s.xml, sm.xml are created, but <secret /> and
> <pass /> tags remain empty -> s2s fails to start (glibc exception).
>
> > a less hackish way to deal with it would be
> > to generate the password in spacewalk-setup and write it out to the configs
> > when you setup spacewalk. this would involve alot more work  but ultimately
> > would be cleaner, its something we should look at post 0.5
>
> If we don't solve this now, no 0.4 -> 0.5 upgrades will be possible.
> Never mind the fact that the change in spacewalk-config will mess up current
> Satellite upgrades.
>
> -MZ

Please forgive this intrusion but looking at the roadmap, func will
replace osad in spacewalk 0.7.  So there is just two minor versions of
spacewalk until osad goes away and I'm guessing that there won't be a
release of satellite based on spacewalk 0.5 or 0.6.  If this
assumption is correct, changes to the spacewalk.conf shouldn't impact
on future Satellite releases.

Also given the problems with osad and fedora 10 right now is it
feasible to just integrate func into spacewalk now?

Just looks like a lot of pain to fix a component that is being dropped
in the near future.

CC

--

Sent from my computer