On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:42:32PM -0400, Jeff Ortel wrote:

> STYLE
>
> You may notice that the common/tables/*.sql were formatted using chameleon.
> Consistent with most DDL/SQL style guides, chameleon renders keywords in caps
> and
> uses spaces instead of tabs.  If you don't like this style, don't freak out.
> We
> take a vote and I can easily re-run the files through chameleon and reformat
> any style we like :-)

I'm against any reformating which is not supported by semantic
validation reasons, for reasons stated in previous posts -- it makes
the diff against master bigger and hides things from the naked eye.
We should not change the source code in the branch just because we
can or just because we have a tool to do that.

Note: I don't really care about the actual format, so I'm not voting
against the format per se (apart from the trailing spaces it seems to
introduce). We can put together some coding guidelines and use them
for new code.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat