On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:24:33AM -0400, Jeff Ortel wrote:

>> The views/rhnHistoryView.sql file seems to still contain definition of
>> rhnHistoryView_pkglist function. Is that correct?
>
> Hmm... didn't expect to find function definitions in a view file so I
> didn't look.  I agree this function should be split out and the view.deps
> updated.

This file was just an example.

If we are touching the file in any way, even if just moving it from
one directory to another, and especially with this large schema
restructuralization effort, the commit of the file is basically a seal
of correctness. If we did not check the files manually or with some
tools, we should not be changing or moving the file.

I'm much in favor of schema validation tools which will in rpm
build time catch issues like this one. I'm very much against
reformatting tools that just change the spacing and lowercase to
uppercase, if they do not contain the overall validation parts as well.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat