On 21.05.2012 14:15, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

Any problem with DiskImage? Can you add it to list of valid Images?

hm, it's not so easy to add and I'm not sure if you really want that.

The "disk image"-type in Studio is an image type that boots, formats a harddisk and then dumps itself onto the hard disk. The hard disk is not part of the image and must be provided by the user.

You can use that image type to boot on a real physical machine with a USB Stick for example. Then the hard disk of the physical machine is formatted and the image is dumped onto it.

It's not really for virtual machines - even though it can be used there too.

The vmdk image (that we already support) is a complete virtual harddisk that contains the image and can be booted directly by kvm.

maybe you want a different format? like qcow2?
Then you have to convert the vmdk file to qcow2 because Studio can not build qcow2 images :/

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer
Home: http://www.suse.de/~ug - Blog: http://suse.gansert.net