Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
% The patch is against SUSE Manager, as I mentioned it is a quick port of
% the basics. I sent it mostly so that you get an idea of what is touched.
%
% I will try to make a patch against master if you really want to "see" it.
%
% > Btw. do you plan to apply the bootstrap framework to perl pages as they are?
%
% Well, if we apply it, we will need to fix everything otherwise we will
% not be able to release ourselves. What I am not sure is how clean the
% initial commit to master can be, as there will be always stuff that will
% need fixing and lot of eyes stabilizing it.

Well, for me - after applying initial changes nothing should be visibly
broken (at first sight). Also there should be current Spacewalk
branding ported to new toolkit so users won't (nearly) notice the change
of internals.

% We have a bunch of perl pages already ported to Java as part of a
% feature we are doing, but I guess there is still more Perl around.
%
% Another possible workaround would be to use LESS features to auto-fix
% incomplete ports. We can have a compat.css with the original styles
% defined using LESS mixins.

Yes, making both original and new pages visually compatible is also important.

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat