On 18/02/14 14:10, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Using self-closed tags for void elements as well as using end tags even
> in situations where they can be omitted in HTML5 is common agreement
> among whole team. They improve readability - you immediately know what
> was intentional and what a mistake.
>
> As for patch rejection - no, most likely the other way round :).

I am fine with using self-closing tags as long as everyone is aware that
using it in a non-void tag will create bad markup and understand that
the browser will just remove the /'s.

It happened with <i class="iconclass"/> already, which is wrong and invalid)

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany