Have you ensured that mariadb is running when you're trying to run these commands?

This is also something you should be doing with *some* sort of configuration management--not a post install script.

Lachlan Musicman <mailto:data...@gmail.com>
Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:55 AM

In one particular profile, I'll be installing MariaDB.

I'd like to create a db, user, and then secure MariaDB during the post-install stage.

My post install script looks like this:

%post --log /root/ks-post.log.5
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/mysql -e "create database slurmdb; grant all privileges on slurmdb.* to slurm@localhost identified by 'slurmdb_password';"
/usr/bin/mysql <<-EOF
UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('mysqlpassword') WHERE User='root'; DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User='root' AND Host NOT IN ('localhost', '127.0.0.1', '::1');
DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User='';
DELETE FROM mysql.db WHERE Db='test' OR Db='test\_%';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
EOF
%end

But it's not working - neither the database being created or mysql being secured.

Is my syntax wrong, am I over reaching?

L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."

- Grace Hopper