On 15.02.2019 18:19, Robert Paschedag wrote:
> Am 15. Februar 2019 09:28:26 MEZ schrieb Thomas Schweikle
> <tschweikle-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org>:
>> On 14.02.2019 12:09,
>> p.cookson-mhdz94l+r7k1qrn1bg8bzw-xmd5yjdbdmrexy1tmh2...@public.gmane.org
>> wrote:
>>> Hi Thomas
>>>
>>> The "Internal Server Error" appears to be a really generic and
>> un-helpful message that comes out of Spacewalk in all sorts of
>> scenario's! I haven't experienced your particular problem but, in the
>> past, I've been advised to look at " /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out" to
>> try and get a better idea of what the issue is. Don't know if this will
>> help on this occasion?
>>
>> No, this was not helpful in this occasion. I'd need some way to make
>> spacewalk deliver what error was created, by taking logs from
>> /var/log/tomcat/catalina.out,
>> /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/log/postgres-*.log.
>>
>> It would be really helpful spacewalk pushing the error logs to the web
>> interface for debugging such cases!
>>

>>> Regards
>>> Phil

That is what I am trying at the moment. BUT and its a really BIG BUT:
there some stack traces. And I need to have it related to what is going
on after I click some link. The way Spacewalk does it now I cant. I cant
relate a click to an error. Impossible. Absolutely impossible. Just
because the error does not show up with a fresh installation and three
clients. It shows up with 200 clients and a running, productive system.

I need Spacewalk to handle the traces thru to WebUI. How can I advice
tomcat to do this: write an error message, then write the full trace
right beyond.

This is the third time the database being corrupted this way. I DO NOT
want to start all over, taking about 400 clients, 800 configs copied by
cut and past to a new spacewalk to have the database corrupted 4th time
then WITHOUT ever finding what was the core cause!

--
Thomas