> Cool.  I think our main issues were:
>
>  - speed (both reading and writing matter)
>  - size limits on number of keys in DB and key/value sizes
>
> Some other DB formats had trouble with nulls and other binary crap going
> into keys/values and would get corrupted.  There were also some issues
> with switching between formats and different formats using the same file
> extensions.

SDBM_File produces a .dir and a .pag file for each database, so at least
that wouldn't conflict with DB_File by default.
I have several people running my app with this config, and I haven't heard
of any issues at all. As far as I recall (it's been a while), the only
limit is on the length of the individual entries, but this doesn't affect
the current bayes implementation.

> You might also want to look at the note about SDBM here:
>
>   http://qdbm.sourceforge.net/benchmark.pdf

Hmm.. Maybe it doesn't scale well. I'll see what I can get out of it.

> Finally, Perl 5.4?  You mean perl 5.004?  Perl 5.6 or later is required
> for
> SpamAssassin 3.0.0.

Argh, meant 5.8.4.

Chris