On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Marsha Hanchrow wrote:

> Where does "spamc" or "spamd" come into it?  What do they do, and where do
> (or would) they live?  I'm also one of those who have some Perl troubles,
> and the following may explain why.  Anyone running FreeBSD is using an
> older version of Perl.  I quote my ISP, quoting his source:

I'm kind of jumping in in the middle of this conversation, but...

spamc/spamd are the client/server version of SA which run a little
faster.  You're using the regular spamassassin program instead.

As for the perl statement below, I would not recommend you use an
older version of perl.  I'm using SA on two servers with version 5.6.0
and it runs fine with several of the latest SA version

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |