* Mike Loiterman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> My weekly reports from my server are getting tagged as SPAM.  How
> can I effectively whitelist this without opening up a hole in my
> defenses..??

Unless you're using SpamAssassin to do delivery, filter them out before
you pass through spamassassin.

My procmailrc runs:

INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/backup.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/prespam.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spam.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/final.rc

So I just filter it out in prespam.rc with:

:0:
* ^From: Charlie Root
root

Better than letting spamassassin run 40,000 RE comparisons against what
you know will get through anyway (ml mail bypasses it on my setup, since
while my personal mail is 95% spam, my list mail is more like 0.1% spam)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-