>Hans Vallden wrote:
>>  I wonder if anyone has made any attempts to install Spamassassin to
>>  Mac OS X/Mac OS X Server? I would be VERY interested in doing so.
>>  Heck, I might even pay some money for specific instructions.
>
>http://rhumba.pair.com/ben/docs/sa.html

Rod, Tony, Ian and all other kind and generous folks after the silly
reward I promised in my weak moment,

:)

thanks for all the valuable instructions you gave me. In essence, the
initial main challenge seemed to be getting Perl to include all
required modules. With your help, an ignorant
im-just-a-po-ole-mac-user like myself might just be able to
accomplish that. Barely.

However, just so that the skim contents of my wallet don't depart
from me just yet, I'll have to reveal this was a two part challenge.
And you guys have only solved the first mystery so far.

Now, let me reveal the REAL puzzle :)

Actually, I'm goofy or alternatively masochistic enough to have a
setup (on OS X Server!) where Sendmail is used as the actual SMTP
server relaying all messages locally to Apple Mail Server for
POP/IMPAP delivery. And AMS works vice versa, of course. Don't ask me
why, but I do have my reasons for doint it this way. And yes, it does
work perfectly fine when configured correctly. Anyway, this is the
setup I'd like to add Spamassassin to. 8)

 From what I have managed to figure out, I guess I need to place
Spamassassin sort of in between Sendmail and AMS (feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong). And that's the really confusing part for
me. My gut feeling tells me I should use the 'spamproxy' app for
this...but then I get lost in the fog again.

Sooo....I guess the second part of my problem is starting to reveal
itself to the clever readers of this list. To those not so clever,
how can I utilize Spamassassin with the Sendmail<>AMS setup?

Oh, and just in case it didn't say it in between there somewhere. I
want to use Spammassassin for all accounts on the server.

Hans Vallden