On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:53:25AM -0700, John Rudd wrote:
> Though, I'd also like to have a handy-dandy filter that would take HTML
> as input and convert it to plain text.  Doesn't bother me that fancy
> formatting would be lost.  For links it would put the URL in parenthesis
> after the link text (most mail readers that are html aware will also create
> links out of url's in plain text messages).  For images, it would probably
> put "[Image http://url.to.image]";, things like that (or the image's ALT
> text in place of "Image").

http://www.kluge.net/mailfiltering/

I have some procmail rules and perl scripts that strip the HTML part of
multipart/alternative mails (leaving just the plain text) and converts
HTML-only mails to plain text via lynx. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"They have this game where you put in a dollar and you get four quarters!  I