Sorry about breaking the message id of this, I'm subscribed to the
digest and can't figure out how to tell Mailman to send me an individual
message to so I can respond to it.

>"Bryan T. Schmidt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>Attached is a script I wrote to sort spam into maildirs, using .qmail
>files. Those of you with qmail will understand immediately, if you have
>users that are not bright enough to filter themselves.
>
>If mailers munge the line wrapping, look at the script at:
>http://bluefx.com/spamfork/

I wrote something similiar which is available at
        http://ladro.com/sa/qmail.html
in a nutshell: its a patch to the NoMailAudit.pm module to allow for
Maildir delivery by calling the safecat program.

The benefit of this is that you can control your spam filter through
your .qmail file by simply having
        | ./bin/myspamcheck.pl ./Maildir/spam/
        ./Maildir/blah/
which says "Call the myspamcheck.pl program and send the mail off to the
spam directory if it is spam."  If the email isn't spam it won't exit 99
like the myspamcheck.pl program will do and qmail will continue on with
the .qmail file, in this case delivering to the /blah/ maildir.

Can this be included into the SpamAssassin code?  It requires an
external program, safecat (see the web page above), be used to deliver
email in the Maildir format.

All this is somewhat moot as there is a recent perl module called
"Mail::Box" that can deliver mail to Maildir, mbox, mailbox, etc.  I
haven't used it yet though.

Chris