Hi All,

   This could just be brain-fade on my part, but ... I've just installed
SpamAssassin version 2.41 and want to have a site-wide auto-whitelist, so I've
added

   auto_whitelist_path        /var/spool/spamassassin/auto-whitelist
   auto_whitelist_file_mode   0777

to my '/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf'.  Now, 'spamd' appears to be writing
to the site-wide 'auto-whitelist.db' file properly (I'm delivering mail
through exim and procmail on RedHat 7.2).  However, when I do 'spamassassin
-W' it always uses my '~/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.db' file, eg.

   > cat ~/malcolm | spamassassin -W -D
   debug: 23114 Trying to get lock on
/home/physics/starman/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist pass 0
   debug: Tie-ing to DB file R/W in /home/physics/starman/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
   debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
   debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
   debug: using "/home/physics/starman/.spamassassin" for user state dir
   debug: using "/home/physics/starman/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
   debug: auto-whitelist (db-based): [EMAIL PROTECTED] scores 1/-100
   debug: add_score: New count: 2, new totscore: -200
   debug: auto-whitelist (db-based): [EMAIL PROTECTED] scores 1/-100
   debug: add_score: New count: 2, new totscore: -200
   debug: DB addr list: untie-ing and destroying lockfile.
   debug: DB addr list: file locked, breaking lock.

It does the same thing for root (not tried any other users yet).  Anyone see
what I'm doing wrong ?

   Cheers,

      Richard.