"Tony L. Svanstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Would anyone care to share their thinking regarding doing business
> with eNom?
>
> A quick google seems to indicate that they're a really bad spamming
> company going after just about anyone, but AFAIK their services are
> exactly what I want and at a price that I'm comfortable with;
> so... before ignoring them, or ending up supporting a spammer, I
> thought I'd ask you all...

Slightly offtopic, but I'll bite.

I've had good luck with Dotster since switching several domains there,
I tried to pick someone that seemed to have good service and looked
large enough that they probably wouldn't go out of business anytime
soon, but there isn't as much information out there as I would have
liked.

I also liked Gandi's policies (their contract explicitly states that
you own your domain) and that they support Open Source, but I didn't
select them because they were located in France (and I'm not) and not
many people had reviewed them.  I have a friend who uses them, though,
and he likes them.

Here are the reviews of various registrars from epinions.com, sorted
by number of reviews.

networksolutions_com              0% Recommended (37 reviews)
Register_com                     40% Recommended (25 reviews)
Dotster                          89% Recommended (18 reviews)
eNom                             83% Recommended (6 reviews)
Easyspace                        20% Recommended (5 reviews)
GKG_net                         100% Recommended (3 reviews)
Verio_Domain_Name_Registration    0% Recommended (2 reviews)
OpenSRS                         100% Recommended (2 reviews)
DomansAtCost_com                 50% Recommended (2 reviews)
123domains                      100% Recommended (2 reviews)
NameDemo                        100% Recommended (1 review)
Gandi                           100% Recommended (1 review)
DotRegistrar                    100% Recommended (1 review)
Domain_Direct                   100% Recommended (1 review)
CORENIC_com                     100% Recommended (1 review)

and the links:

http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-123domains
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-CORENIC_com
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Domain_Direct
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-DomansAtCost_com
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-DotRegistrar
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Dotster
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Easyspace
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-GKG_net
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Gandi
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-NameDemo
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-OpenSRS
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Register_com
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-Verio_Domain_Name_Registration
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-eNom
http://www.epinions.com/cmsw-EmailChat-All-networksolutions_com

There are also various comparison pages like:

http://www.domainpricewars.com/

Dan