OK -- for folks who want to test-drive the 2.42 code pre-release, I've
tarred it up at

  http://spamassassin.taint.org/devel/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.42.tar.gz

No need to muck around with CVS now. ;)

PS: latest change explanation:

OK, I just found a red hat box whose version of (stock) perl had
a broken Sys::Syslog, so I got to test our setlogsock(unix) fallback
code.

it wasn't working ;) so I've fixed it.  basically the setlogsock()
call does very little; the sock isn't opened until syslog() is called.
so I added a call, and some more fallback support.  Also added
a switch so that users can manually override it.

I also fixed those -w warns Malte noted in the new AWL code.

--j.