From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler@;evi-inc.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 1:23 PM
To: Rose, Bobby; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] AWL issue

What version of SA are we talking about?

if it's 2.43, the AWL tracks both the from address AND the orginating
IP.
it would be highly unlikely that a spammer could forge such a thing and
drive their score up.

Can you provide some more detail about which SA you are running? there's

major changes from 2.3.x to 2.4.0 and more in 2.4.2 and still more for
2.4.3.

I wouldn't trust the AWL in 2.4.2 any further than I could throw a
server room.