Stephen Bader wrote:
I've noticed that today my messages are taking about 30 seconds each. I'm
assuming this is because of the same things you mentioned. Anyone know for
sure what is going on? I'm not very concerned at this point, as I'm sure
it will be corrected soon, but if it isn't, I would like to know which
checks to disable.

-Steve

The dsbl lists were not resolving earlier today, still appears to have problems.

One fix (suggested by Matt Kettler in a different thread earlier today) is to change the RBL timeouts. From Matt's email:

You can also speed SpamAssassin up by shortening the timeout for RBLs, which reduces the amount of pain they incur when one goes down on you:

#the following reduces the time for a run of SA if a BL
# becomes unavailable or get bogged down,
#but risks timing out valid blacklist data.
rbl_timeout 5

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.