Sure do, but eventually I'll try to lookup a non-cached record. If the server is not responding, then we have to wait for DNS to time out.

--Rich

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
* Stephen Bader <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thanks! Setting 'rbl_timeout 5' cut the time down to 10 seconds per
mesage, instead of 30. Although I don't think 30 is a bad number at all,
it can start to be a problem on servers that have a high volume of e-mail,
and a lot of spamd processes get started because they are just waiting for
a response from an RBL.

Don't you have a caching DNS on your box?

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East
Hibbing MN 55746