I set up a spamd for testing about a week ago and would like to
fine-tune it now. Especially, I want to get rid of unnecessary
network tests. Currently, it uses dns bls as with the default config,
no checksum tests like razor and dcc.
Looking at the scores in 50_scores.cf and taking them of some sort of
"proof" shows that only a few dns bl tests really give good clues
about spam, but the checksum tests show quite high scores (and I
interpret this as them being correct in most cases). Going from that
I would just stop (most) rbl checking and use a checksum test? But
which one? A high score doesn't give any clue of how many checks
actually were "successful" (did they find a spam message at all?). It
doesn't help if a checksum system or bl system  is correct all the
time, but has too few data, so many checks simply will fail because
it got no clue about the host or the message (yet).

So, my basic question probably is, is it worth it to use BL or
checksum testing at all and if so, which ones?
Also, how do I disable checks? The comment text in the scores.cf
seems to imply that just setting to 0 disables the test. Does it
really *disable* the test, so that it's not done at all or just stop
it from scoring? Of course, it doesn't make sense to me to carry out
a test but then discard it with a scoring of 0. Then I wouldn't carry
it out in the first place.

Thanks!

Kai