Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:10:21 +0200
From: Tony Earnshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SAtalk] Spamassassin and LDAP

Keith Olmstead wrote:

> Trying to get SA working with LDAP users.  I know this can work, but I am running
> into problems.  I create a user local on the box and it filters fine, but when I try
> to filter a user that is in LDAP it is not working.  I changed the shell to a valid
> shell, and it seems that it is picking up the UID correctly but it is not filtering.
>
>>From what it looks like it my LDAP user is does not have permission to execute
>>spamc.  What my log shows is:
> procmail: [3305] Mon Jun  2 13:23:57 2003
> procmail: Executing "/usr/local/bin/spamc"
>
> over and over.
>
> my .procmailrc file is owned by the user with 740 permissions with a group of the
> group that the user is in.
>
> I know that ppl have gotten LDAP working with SA, I think that I am missing one
> thing, and I have been trying to get this working for months now.

I can't comment on SA and LDAP: I have site-wide SA filtering both with
SA-Exim 4.20/3.0 and Postfix 2.0.10/amavisd-new.

However, Openldap 2.1.19 is the basis for all my users - and for just
about everything else on my own machine - including the above mentioned
MTAs. In principle, there is absolutely no difference between an
ldap-based and a Unix/Posix-based user. I keep all my stuff as up to
date as possible - nss_ldap, f.ex., is 203.6. It could well be that your
ldap stuff is old, that your nss_ldap is not correctly configured
(etc/ldap.conf & nsswitch.conf), it could be many things. I'd check
these before anything else.

What happens when you do 'id <user>' or 'getent passwd <user>'? Does an
su or a login for that user occur normally? (i.e., is pam configured
correctly?)

Tony