At Fri Jun 27 15:27:18 2003, Chris Blaise wrote:

> > I could almost bet my left index finger on the fact that 99%
> > of those PGP-signatures are invalid. This is something that
> > SA could exploit.
>
>       I'll profess some degree of ignorance about PGP signatures, but
> does it matter if it's valid or not?  Couldn't a spammer generate a
> perfectly valid PGP signature and use it in their messages to get the
> lower score?

They could do this.  On the other hand, there's some computational
cost in generating the PGP signature, which is going to slow down the
spam run.  Alternatively, if they use the same message body for all
messages (and hence the same signature) they'll be hammered by Razor
and similar checksum databases.

Martin
--
Martin Radford              |   "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | men just upload their important stuff  -o)